Saturday, December 22, 2018

2018 Winter December 22 Saturday

43 degrees this morning, no walk, 60 % humidity.  
No walk again this morning, hopefully will be able to start again soon!  

One of the best moments of life is when the Dentist smiles and says “no problems, see you in 6 months!”.  Almost as good as when the Doctor says after your physical, “everything is  good, just like to see less of you (lose weight) in a year! “

Had my semi-annual dental appointment yesterday.  While I didn’t expect anything bad, you never know.  

After my experience with the “teeth implant”  (I had two) five years ago, I am so glad I have been going to a decent Dentist for the past 4 and 1/2 years who doesn’t see an opportunity for a crown every visit!  

Also saw my Doctor yesterday who prescribed some medicine water on the ear (or something like that).  Whatever he gave me seemed to start working from the first pill.  I’m not quite 100% yet, or even close, but my feeling of “talking in a tunnel” is getting better.  Or rather, I don’t feel like that quite as much.  

Sometimes I get a little worried about all the medicine I take (for the colds I have  had), but I guess that is one reason I stay relatively healthy (or at least I feel like I am, same thing!)

I am hoping I can get back into my exercise routine and other routines I have had to suspend.  

Winter is here!  The season of the year I like the least, and I live in a “one day at a time” frame of mind figuring every day is a day towards Spring!  

Also today is the start of a 4-day weekend, which is nice, in addition to the fact it is Christmas.  

I realized again my tastes in fiction have changed greatly in the past few years, I’m not quite sure why.  I am trying different writers, different formats. Some I read and become very consumed with the story, others just aren’t for me.

I actually now like to listen the type of fiction I used to read, along with non-fiction.  For some reason, I never listen to audiobooks unless I am in the car or exercising. 

For me, listening to audiobooks is kind of like watching a movie, I have to concentrate on it and can’t read etc. while I listen to audiobooks .

Our project of scanning our family and important photo’s is progressing, hopefully make some major advances over the next two weeks since our granddaughters are off and may be able to spend some time scanning!   

One unexpected benefit is I think it gave them some sense of history to scan photos that are over 100 years old.  No cell phones, no tv, no airplanes, no computers!  A different life!


That’s it for now, Saturday, December 22, 2018.

No comments: