Friday, December 21, 2018

2018 Fall December 21 Friday

33 degrees this morning, no walk, 72% humidity, “feels like 27”

No walk again this morning due to head cold and cough, hopefully will start soon, even if I need to walk inside for awhile,  I am ready to start walking again.

Today is the start of Winter 2019 (actually about 4:41 p.m today, so it isn’t Winter yet!.)  My view is we need to get it started to get back to Spring and Summer, so let’s get on with it!  

After commenting on the lack of good Christmas music on the radio. as I drove in for a meeting yesterdqy, I happened to have the radio on a Christmas channel.

I was delighted to hear many of my old favorites “I’ll be Home for Christmas”, Jingle Bells, White Christmas, O Holy Night  etc. one right after the other and it continued all day!   

I think one of the aspects of Christmas I really like is that a lot of the activity generally slows down for several days of Christmas.  

I decided I needed to be more “organized” about my life, both at work and at home.  Nor sure how I am going to do that!  (I usually think this around every Christmas!)

One activity I need to figure out is how to incorporate more exercise into my daily routine, or at least 4 times a week (in addition to walking etc.).  This is “new” exercises I am doing as part of my training etc.  As another advantage, the place I am exercising at has  a swimming pool and if I could start swimming on a regular basis, I would love that.  

As I mentioned about slowing down for Christmas, sometimes I think I need to look at how I use my time and make adjustments.  As they say, “you make time for what you really want to do”. 

Of course “down time” is as important as other activities.  Somehow there is a way to get it all balanced out!

I knew someone once who tried to get the license plate “balance” because of their strong belief that “balance” was the most important aspects of life! 

I certainly tend to agree.  “Balance” in life as well as “balance” in views is probably as important as anything in life!

A 4 day weekend this weekend!  That is always something to look forward to as well as the Christmas Holidays!  While I really love my job, as I have noted the “balance” of my personal life is also important.  

Seeing the Doctor again today about my head cold, cough etc.  Hopefully we can work out a solution to get this misery over!


That’s it for now, Friday, December 21, 2018, the first day of the Winter of 2019!

No comments: