Tuesday, December 18, 2018

2018 Fall December 18 Tuesday


42 degrees this morning, no walk, 78% humidity 

Still have a severe head cold this morning, seems to be getting a little better.  When I go outside in the cold is when my systems get a lot worse.  

With Christmas less than a week away, we are trying to tie up the loose ends.  It just doesn’t seem like Christmas should be that close!

In regard to internet delivery, I have to say I had an experience that I just had illustrates the problems.  I ordered some items from Staples and got free delivery.  

That was over a week ago and I still haven’t gotten my items.  I got some e-mails saying the shipment had been delayed.  I looked at the trip details and the item had gotten lost several times.

Now it is supposed to be reshipped but I haven’t seen any sign that it has been reshipped.  

Of course, they charged my credit card immediately.  

While I realize they will “make it good” it is just the hassle of wasting time having to contact them and probably having to go through numerous people to handle it.

Probably the last time I order from Staples!

I guess it illustrates the other side of internet shopping, never getting your items, getting the wrong thing etc.  

There are a lot of “Amazon Prime” trucks running around delivering items.  Their drivers literally run to your door to deliver the package.  

Today is an “office day”.  Hopefully that will help me recover from my head cold.  It is ironic that just after I mentioned that I am thankful for every day that I am feeling good I get sick for at least two weeks!  

Obviously I am concerned about getting back into walking and exercising again, but I know I can’t do it right now without making myself sicker.  

I am beginning to believe, along with my Doctor, that a lot of it is some sort of allergy or allergies.  I have always had problems with cold air and coughing from vigorous exercise, especially in cold weather.  

I can even remember when I was in high school and in track, one of my problems with running was coughing fits after I ran.  However, I didn’t normally have that problem when I walked. 

Anyway, I’ll keep working on it, I’m not ready to quit yet!


That’s it for now, Tuesday, December 18, 2018.

No comments: