Saturday, December 08, 2018

2018 Fall December 8 Saturday


33 degrees this morning, no walk, 79% humidity

Cold this morning, but the ice and snow storm are just to the south of us, maybe 3 miles.  It can stay there!  Hopefully it won’t come this way.

Even where the ice and snow is, it is a lot lighter than they forecast, thank goodness.  

Weather forecasting must be frustrating, so much can change so fast.  Of course, it is a lot more accurate than it used to be.

I still think it is surprising that we (certainly not me, but scientists, inventors, meteorologists, etc.) haven’t figured out a way to control the weather, or at least minimize some of the harsher effects.  

Like robots, artificial technology, gene editing etc., controlling weather is another technology which has a lot of potential for good, but also a lot of potential for evil.  

Probably controlling these advances could be as hazardous as just letting them develop.  Somehow “control” always turns to the advantages to the persons “controlling” the technology.  

Dream this morning (didn’t keep a record of it), a very weird dream where I looked around at various people and situations i my life and was thinking ‘who am I and how did I get here”?  

Perhaps a good question, but the dream didn’t give any answers!  Actually, this isn’t really a question I have asked myself, maybe my dream was a sign I need ponder the question.  

What is strange, I didn’t really recognize anyone in the dream, I do remember my granddaughter in the dream, but even she didn’t look like herself.  

Actually, this is something I rarely consider, maybe I should.  I never really believed in “review the year” type exercises, I felt my time was better spent on “look forward to the coming year”.

However, I do believe, actually very strongly, that we can learn from history and we need to learn from our failures as well as our successes.  

No reason to fail at something if you don’t learn from it!  Same with mistakes, the purpose of mistakes is to learn something from it!

In a way a snow/ice storm is about like a trip on an airplane.  I may not like it, but I have this feeling that it is also an opportunity to get reading etc. done since I can’t do anything else! 


That’s it for now, Saturday, December 8, 2018.

No comments: