Tuesday, December 04, 2018

2018 Fall December 4 Tuesday


27 degrees this morning (feels like 20), no walk, 74% humidity 

No walk this morning, still having effects of cold.  (In this case the Doctor did advise not to walk in cold weather until I was better.)

Thinking about recycling. Recycle cart  the other day was full, have to think about getting another recycle cart, which is fortunately available at a relatively nominal cost.

Like any possession, the hassle is that we have to find a place for it etc.

Recycling material is getting a lot more difficult (and expensive), hopefully this can change in the future.

This is the time of year when either I upgrade to the latest edition of the iPhone or decide it is too late and time to wait for the next edition!  

My phone is certainly still operating acceptability.  Of course I have noted that it does seem slower, which is normally the first tip that I am starting to at least subconsciously  starting to think about buying another phone.  

I think in the back of my mind I am always thinking, “what if the next upgrade has a truly inventive feature I just have to have”.  

With the iPhone, unlike cars or tv’s etc, you just go ahead and upgrade!  

On the other hand, you also can upgrade and then decide you simply don’t like the new phone, it is more difficult.  (But still not as difficult as buying a car or tv you find you simply hate!).  

I always resent the car dealer (or especially the Realtor) who expects you to buy something after a first drive or visit.  

I always think, I have to live with this for at least 3 years, probably 7-10 years (or in the case of a  house a lot longer), why am I expected to purchase it without adequate consideration?  

Of course, the answer is they want it for their convenience and profit, it has nothing to do with what I want or my needs!  

In any buying decision there is a point you need to “pull the trigger” and make a decisions, but I think to avoid “buyers remorse” you have to be able to say “no” a lot more than “yes”!

I have, and I have seen, people develop what I call “new car fever”  (or new truck fever) where the main focus of your life at that point is researching and buying a new vehicle and research etc. takes up a lot of time until the decision is made!

I try to stay out of the “new (name it) fever”, but it is difficult to avoid. 


That’s it for now, Tuesday, December 4, 2018

No comments: