Wednesday, December 27, 2017

2017 Winter December 27 Wedesday



19 degrees this morning (feels like 6) no walk

Didn’t walk for a variety of reasons, primarily my schedule this morning.  Obviously the cold (and the effects on a lingering head cold etc.) also played a role.

End of the four day holiday, overall an enjoyable vacation.  Of course,  that also means this is a 3 day work week before the 3 day New Year Holiday!

A  three  day work week is good, even though usually it means you have to fit five days of work into there days!

Sometimes I plan on getting a lot of personal projects over a 3 or 4 day weekend.  I didn’t really plan anything for this one, just decided to enjoy the time off. I still got a few things done, but it was nice to just relax and enjoy the time.  

I am still getting used to the concept of being “off” of work, even after over three years in my current job! 

It is forecast to be about the same temperature most of the day, starting to “warm up” to 28 degrees by late afternoon!  

Since I am in and out of the car all day when I am in the field, I feel the cold weather but I’m normally not in it for any long time.

I am ready for our “vacation” away from the cold already! It is several months away, but it makes me warmer just thinking about it!  

Aliene told me about an exercise her physical therapist had her do to help her fractured ankle.  It is designed to help her balance.

I was surprised when I tried it and found I couldn’t do it!  I don’t think I have any problems with my balance, but I don’t want it to start either, so I have a new exercise to do during my daily exercise. 

 Actually it is simple enough to do anytime while you are waiting etc.  It is simply standing on one leg for 30 seconds, a lot harder than it sounds!  

Actually, I have never liked exercises like that, I prefer walking and working with weights.  I think my dislike of that kind of exercise goes back to high school.


That’s it for now, Wednesday, December 27, 2017

No comments: