Thursday, December 14, 2017

2017 Fall December 14 Thursday


42 degrees this morning, walk 34:45 minutes

Relatively “cool” 42 degrees this morning, but overall nice walk.  

Pace was 8 seconds faster than my goal pace, which is nice.  This time I was actually aware that I was walking at a faster pace.

I was reading a book on “aging” and they had some bench line tests for what a typical person at a typical age was “supposed” to be able to walk.  I was pleased to see that my “pace” was below the minimum for even 18 year olds!  

That doesn’t  really mean anything except what it is.  I’ll have to go back and look at the other tests, but one included if you can get out of a chair without holding to the arms.  

Of course, “standard tests” are always suspect since they don’t consider all factors.  All they really are is indications.  

I have seen the “you get what is measured” concept to know that is really true.  No matter what type of “test” there  is, there is a strong tendency to “teach to the test” no matter what type of activity it is that is being tested.  

What do you do about it?  Probably nothing, since it is the most natural thing to do, both but the person doing the testing and the person being tested.  

I think being aware of it is probably the best.

As long as people want some type of “test”, there will be “teaching to the test” and I don’t think we can do anything about it, except consider changing the way we measure.

Looks like the the corruption mess called a “tax cut” is likely to pass, primarily a giveaway to donors, the wealthy, friends of the lying coward lunatic, big companies and special interests and lobbyists.  

I am really ashamed of the representatives of this state who showed their cowardice  and complete lack of concern for the residents of this state in their desperate attempt to shovel tax dollars to their donors, big companies and the special interests and lobbyists. Hopefully this will be their last term to be “representatives”, which they are not.

As I mentioned before, it is a shame that a political party that used to be respected is now the party of cowards and criminals who rip off citizens to shovel tax money to the wealthy and donors and have no feelings of shame for their cowardly criminal behavior.  

I expect there will be a reaction, as there always is extreme reaction to extremists, which is not a good thing.

Winter will be at 10:28 a.m., Thursday, December 21.  Not a good event in my opinion, except that it means it will start getting closer to Spring each day! 


That’s it for now, Thursday, December 14, 2017. 

No comments: