Saturday, December 02, 2017

2017 Fall December 2 Saturday


57 degrees this morning, walk 34:27 minutes

Coolish this morning, a little cooler than I expected at first, but I warned up as I walked!  

Pace was 1 second slower than my goal, which is really the same as meeting the goal.

Aliene is out of  her ankle cast and in a “walking boot”, and she if very happy about it!  Lifted her (and my) spirits a lot!  Sometimes you forgot how good “normal” life can be!  

Today marks 3 years and five months since we moved, 3 years and 3 months since I started my current job.  Time passes.

Sometimes it seems like a short time since we have moved, sometimes I think it seems like forever and the time before that assumes a dream like quality.  

I don’t speculate on whether it was good or bad, it just is. 

One of those things, just like speculating on what we could have done different to prevent Aliene’s fracture, it isn’t worth speculating, what happened, happened and things could have been much worse. 

Time for the seasonal change to Christmas/winder theme in our house.

So far the weather has been good this winter (well, technically fall), but it is normal for the weather here to be relatively nice until late December when winter weather really hits.  Of course  there have been exceptions  to that in the last several years!

While we love the city we live in now, sometimes we feel like the “establishment” really is an “establishment” and they like to do a lot of things with minimum public input and as little information as possible about meetings etc.

While it is close to 100,000 people, it still retains a lot of the small town benefits as well as faults, especially secrecy etc  For example, bond elections in the middle of February with minimum publicity, meetings which somehow don’t get publicized etc.  I guess you take the bad with the good.  In spite of that we really like the city and like living here.

In a way I feel that the people who put the time and effort in deserve to call the shots, but I also feel it is important to try to get input before making major decisions instead of trying to avoid public involvement.

This isn’t just the city or school, but civic organizations also.  It just permeates the entire community. 

A recent experience with a prescription drug kind of amazes me.  I have a medicine I take that you “inhale”.   I happened to notice that it was for 30 days, but had a quantity of “60”.  So, of course, I point this out to the pharmacist who advised me that it was a quantity of “60 blisters” but each puff took two blisters.  I assume this means it was like a prescription where you take two pills instead of one.

There may be a reason for this, but somehow I feel it is another way os scamming the consumer and probably insurance companies and medicare.

So, what else is new?


That’s it for now, Saturday, December 2, 2017.

No comments: