Wednesday, December 06, 2017

2017 Fall December 6 Wednesday




29 degrees this morning (feels like 21).  Didn’t walk, not due to the weather but due to a cough and other “head cold” type warnings.   I have learned not to push through coughing and sniffles.  Hopefully it is a light case, it has been on and off.  I definitely don’t want it getting any worse.

I always have this moment of dread when I realize I have a “head cold” etc., since I know in most cases I will have to live with it for about severn days, which is aggravating  to say the least.

I am also continually guarding against doing anything to make it worse.  Normally I drink gatorade (low calorie), during a lot of water, and try some over the counter medicine to make myself more comfortable and deal with it.  

Listening to comments about “brand loyalty” and how consumers decide what to buy.  He went into how many people choose certain brands because they have done t all their life or what they parents did.  

As an example, he noted that he bought many products because his parents bought them.

His thesis is that this is now changing and people buy primarily on price and, aided by technology, what is available first.  

Of course, many projects are entirely new, so “brand loyalty” may be to a product which was not even available a year ago. 

I think a lot of it reverts to “habits”.  I don’t have any problem with “habits”, I think they help save time and allow you to use your time and creativity for projects of things that matter.

Maybe that is why it is so hard to change habits, they are just too valuable to us as part of the fabric of our lives.  

I have learned that 21 days iss about the time required to change a long-standing habit or  to start a new one.  Probably different for different people and what habits, but that is a guideline I use.

I am trying to make a habit of using “My Fitness Pal” app (not necessarily an endorsement there are probably better ones out there-as I noted previously, I use it because I am used to it!) each day and note what I am going to eat if possible.

I think the key is “going to eat” (to help control my eating), although I am happy if I just record what I eat!  This is true especially for many of the items I eat by “habit”.  Especially for breakfast and lunch.  
Regardless of what I eat, I think being aware of it is what is important, and if I am meeting my goals of how to eat.  

Aliene is feeling a lot better with her “walking boot” and being able to minimize the use of the walker etc.  That, along with my head  cold and cough, again really emphasizes that regardless of other challenges in life “if you have your health you have everything!”.  One reason for my recent preoccupation with eating healthy and exercise! 


That’s it for now, Wednesday, December 6 2017.

No comments: