Wednesday, November 08, 2017

2017 Fall November 8 Wednesday


2017 Fall November 8 Wednesday

42 degrees this morning no walk, rain.

Cold weather is here, even some hints of snow coming in.  

I have been trying to watch my activities to see how much time I can save by avoiding “piddling” or activities that don’t really warrant a lot of time or that waste a lot of time.  

This is especially noticeable in the early morning from the time I get up to when I go to work plus the first few hours of work, I frequently feel like I am just doing piddling things that just take up a lot of time and aren’t really important.

Of course, there is a lot of requirements that seem to take a lot more time than they are work, basically bureaucratic rules that just keep you from getting your work done.  

But there are a lot of things both on my personal time and work time that it seems I could speed up or eliminate to save time.  

Making a list of items you don’t need to do sounds a little counterproductive!  Maybe sometimes you have to invest time to make more time later, just like you invest money to have more money later.  

Anyway, I”m going to keep on trying to eliminate trivial meaningless activities.

This assumes that I can measure what is trivial!  

Life is made up of a lot of different things and sometimes trivial activities are important in the overall fabric of life.  

Looking back, I can see a lot of changes I have made, things I used to do, but no longer do, whether for better or worse. 

I think time is similar to money in a lot of ways, it is easy to piddle it away on meaningless things, but there are a lot of things/activities that may seem meaningless but are really important. 

Part of these thoughts are based on what I have recently read (and remember) about how people learn.  Many activities that are considered “meaningless” or “time wasting” is actually opportunities for learning.  


That’s it for now, Wednesday, November 8, 2017.

No comments: