Wednesday, November 01, 2017

2017 Fall November 1 Wednesday

2017 Fall November 1 Wednesday

41 degrees this morning.  Walk 35:14 minutes

Good walk this morning, cool, but I have to get used to it.  Discouraging to think this (or colder) will be the norm until next May!

Pace was 33 seconds slower than my goal.  I seem to be slowing down, but I noticed that before when I start wearing heavier clothes and it is cold outside.

Continuing my comments on Starbucks, I have found one sandwich I like.  The rest of them taste a little like wet cardboard, or rather what I would expect wet cardboard to taste like.  

They do have some good deli type sandwiches, but for some reason they are packed with other items I don’t care for.  I tried one with hard boiled eggs once I liked, but the next time I ate it, it tasted old.  

Not that I intend to trash Starbucks, I like Starbucks, certainly the concept of Starbucks as well as the coffee and some of the food.  (There dessert items, like the cookies, are wonderful, but I try to avoid food like that!)

I mentioned that I ate at Starbucks Saturday and Sunday last weekend, that is very unusual.  Since Aliene’s foot limits her mobility, at least at this time, we didn’t go out and eat breakfast on Saturday and Sunday like we usually do, so I tried Starbucks.  

As I mentioned, the one sandwich is wonderful, and I sure they have other sandwiches that are good, but I sure haven’t found them yet.  

While time continues to speed by, I have noted that some things, such as Aliene’s fractured foot seem to slow it down.  

She is supposed to see the Doctor a week from tomorrow, and somehow, at least for this, time seems to crawl.   Of course, I am hoping the Doctor will tell here everything is going well, but it seems like it will be a long time before next Thursday.

We have avoided any “what if’s”, and assume that her fracturing her foot happened, and we can’t do anything about it.  We can think all we want of what we could have done to change things.

Perhaps that is one of the hardest things in life is accepting what happens, especially to things you can’t do anything about.  

November and December starts the “we’ll do it after the Holidays” time!  Actually that probably doesn’t start until around Thanksgiving, but I usually consider Veterans Day to be the start of the Holiday season, as I consider it.  Seven of eleven Holidays are in the next four months, actually more like 3 1/2 months.  

Field Day today, hopefully it will warm up a little.  Yesterday, it started at 41 degrees when I got up and was 36 degrees when I started work!  

Soon it will get into the phase of mine where every day is one more day back to Summer!


That’s it for now, Wednesday, November 1, 2017.

No comments: