Friday, November 24, 2017

2017 Fall November 24 Friday



52 degrees this morning,  walk 35:11 minutes

Overall good walk this morning, wind was down, so good wasn’t real noticeable.

Pace was 14 seconds slower than my goal.  I had hoped I was walking faster than that.

Thanksgiving Day was good.  As normal I ate more than I planned, altl the food was wonderful and deserved to be enjoyed!

I have learned not to be too uptight about holiday meals, just enjoy them and don’t worry about dieting.  I just try to be reasonable and not eat more than I want just because it is there!

For some reason, the Nest thermostat gave out yesterday.  The support personal I talked with thought it had gotten stuck during an update.  They are sending out a new one.  

Fortunately I have a second one upstairs and, if I understood him right, I can just take the face off the other one and put it on the downstairs ne if I absolutely have to have it.

I was a little disappointed in the Nest, but pleased at their support. 

There are a lot of areas where I’m trying to decide if I want to proceed with “new technology” or keep the old.

One is my wifi routers.  I think of the Apply one as being “new”, but it is actually almost 4 years old.  The other (main) router is provided by the cable/internet service, and you know what that means.

I am supposed to have “whole house’ wi fi, but they couldn’t get it too work.  

I am considering the Google “whole house” wi fi, but only thinking about it and reviewing t the reviews on it.  I always think “who am I going to call” if something goes wrong, which stops me on a lot of the the new technology items.   A lot of the old technology also!

Another item is the security system.  We are going to get a new one this year and I am trying to determine what type of new one to get.  

As normal, if some of the promises are valid, it would be simple, but I doubt that they do everything they promise to do and I need to be able to call someone local if something goes wrong.

The hypothesis  that “anyone can do it” does not apply in my case.  I am mechanically challenged and know better than to try to do something mechanical, it always makes it worse.  

I can usually do most simple items, as long as I closely follow instructions and know when I am really out of my league and need to call someone.  

Friday after Thanksgiving, a vacation day.  I plan on enjoying the day!

That’s it for now, Friday, November 24, 2017.

        

No comments: