Thursday, August 31, 2017

2017 Summer August 31 Thursday

2017 Summer August 31 Thursday

66 degrees this morning, walk 35:14 minutes

Pleasant walk this morning.  I carefully put on one of my “smart” long sleeved undershirts as a precaution, but I really didn’t need it.  The undershirt isn’t really that smart, (it isn’t one of the latest “smart shirts” but it does “wick” the sweat out well.

The key is the wind.  Thus far in the cold upper 60’s temperature the wind hasn’t been up much.  

Pace was 3 seconds slower than my goal.  

Thinking of the consequences of changing my goal time by, say 30 seconds, if any.  It may well be I would just ignore it anyway and it wouldn’t really make any difference except that  I would never meet my goal.  

Changing my goal also may psychologically challenge me to subconsciously walk faster.  

On the other hand, as with all goals, is changing my pace goal even a desirable goal?

My granddaughter noticed last night I was wearing a “mixed pair” of slippers, i.e., one new one with a big brand name on it, and one of my older pair (that I keep meaning to throw away).

When she pointed out, after a moment of confusion when I thought the brand name had fallen off one of the slippers, I realized what she was saying, that I had been wearing an unmatched pair of slippers all day and hadn’t noticed it, even when she pointed it out!

In all fairness, today was a “field day”, so I put on my slippers on in the dark and wore them until I dressed for my field day and then put them on without looking that close when I got home.

At first I thought it may be the first major step into geezerhood, until I realized I have always been that way and probably had done the same thing (only no-one noticed) 40 years ago.  

Anyway, I complimented her on her powers of observation!

The iPhone 8 is coming out next month, and I am looking forward to that.  Also looking froward to the new iWatch, although I don’t intend on replacing mine for a long time, probably another 3 years at least.  

I do plan on replacing my iPhone, probably right after Thanksgiving.  My personal iPhone is 3 years old now, and my work iPhone will be 2 years old right after Thanksgiving.  I leased it, but decided there wasn’t enough change to bother trading up after one year, plus I like to keep my ex iPhone’s around as audio book players, music players etc. or just as a back-up.  

I usually use my newest iPhone as my work phone so I can deduct the lease payments off my taxes.

Three day weekend coming up, which is always nice.  It is fun to know that this (3 day weekends) actually originated in the 1600’s when the workers carried used Monday to continue the weekend and then made up for it the rest of the week.  Of course there weekend then may only have been Sunday, I”ll have to research that.  


That’s it for now, Thursday, August 31, 2017

No comments: