Friday, August 11, 2017

2017 Summer August 11 Friday

2017 Summer August 11 Friday

75 degrees this morning, no walk, rain storm 

Rain this morning, it seems to come and go fast.  By the time the newspaper came, the rain seemed to have stopped. 

Still undecided about “going digital” on newspapers.  I am finding the problem with digital is that you don’t get around to reading them, other than maybe some top stories.  May just be habit.

I do know that when I switched to digital magazines, I basically don’t read them.  I may use them to look up something, but I don’t just sit and read them like I did physical magazines.  

For all i know, maybe that is good, maybe I can use my time better elsewhere.  

I have always been interested in knowing what is going on, being aware of everything I can.  I don’t know if you call that being nosey or being intelligent and curious!  

While I don’t always agree, I like reviewing several “electronic” newsletters I am sent that try to predict the future.  Sometimes they spark a thought that leads to an entire new concept of considering something.

As I recently mentioned, I think it is easy to get into a rut of behavior or thinking, and the rut becomes so deep you think the rut is the world, but it is only a rut and there is an entire world you are missing.

Just for the heck of it, I looked up the word “rut”, because I was thinking I was in a “rut” and misusing the word.  I wasn’t, it refers to “boring”, “routine” etc. 

However, I also found that “rut” is derived from “route”, which doesn’t necessarily mean boring or routine to me, it means a way of getting to a goal.  

Of course when I picture “being in a rut”, I think of being at the bottom a big trench with high sides and you only know what is in the rut, not the outside part.  Not good!

Probably one of my biggest fears has been finding myself (or worse yet not realizingI) in a rut and just mindlessly going through life.  

On the other hand, I wouldn’t want to become so committed to not being in a rut that I was in a rut of not being in a rut so to speak.

Actually some being in a rut is probably good, I just need to make sure I don’t live my entire life there.


That’s it for now, Friday, August 11, 2017

No comments: