Wednesday, August 02, 2017

2017 Summer August 2 Wednesday

2017 Summer August 2 Wednesday

71 degrees this morning.  No walk (scheduled meeting)

Cool yesterday and last night especially.  We almost needed a jacket at the ball game!  

This marks 2 years and 11 months in my current job, 3 years next month.  The time has gone fast to say the least.  Also, as is usually the case, the more I learn, the more I realize I don’t know and the more I have to learn! 

Actually, for this specific phase of my life, I probably couldn’t have picked a better job for me if I had the choice.  I did have a choice in this case, actually as is normally the case, it seems like more than one opportunity all of a sudden open up.  In this case, I feel like I made the right choice, or circumstances made the right choice for me.

It also marks 3 years and one month that we have lived in this area.  As I mentioned when we first moved here, first you measure in days, then months then years (slightly over 3 years, almost 4 years etc.) and soon decades.  

Thought it may be a little cool to sit out on the patio, but actually it is perfect.  

Two ‘HUGE earthquakes (for this area) last night, a 3.0 and a 3.5.  We didn’t feel either one, at least I didn’t.  There was one during the night that Aliene might have felt.  

I don’t think there is any question who is responsible for he earthquakes any more. i really don’t know how they can live with themselves knowing the damage they are creating.  Hopefully the Courts will let them know and pay for it.

At least now we have some semblance of earthquake insurance for our house.  Not great but at least a “big one” wouldn’t wipe us out.  All because someone wants to make a lot of money quickly and elected officials without the courage to regulate it sufficiently.  

Of course, here the officials responsible for oil and gas exploration are elected, so you can imagine where they get their money to win the elections.  It really doesn’t make any sense.  

Yesterday, I discussed Starbucks and Panera Bread (and learned to spell “Panera Bread” with an “e” instead of an “a”).  

Thinking about it some more, while  it makes sense to me to rate them based on what I normally want on a field day (a cup of coffee, usually ice coffee and a chance to work or take a break), in many cases it simply depends on what you want.  

Starbucks and Panera Bread may really be separate (I always spelled “separate” as “seperate” until spell check, must be a quirk with realizing when it is an “a” or an ‘e” in the middle of words) depending on what you want.

Of course, I could say that about a lot of things.  Some items I will buy regardless of any what “reviews” or Consumer Reports says.  

As I have discussed before, I would never buy a Samsung product no matter how much the bleating about how good or feature laden their product is.  It usually blows up, burns up or quits working anyway, so the advanced feature don’t do any good.

Ditto with iPhones, I can’t imagine buying any phone or tablet than an Apple, regardless of price or features.  There is a realistic side to this also, in that I know I can take my product to the Apple store and they will fix it or tell me where I can get it fixed, or that I can’t fix it.  

Computers, will, if Apple doesn’t come out with a touch-screen, we’ll have to see.  There is a Microsoft store in the mall with the Apple Store!  Actually, I have had such good luck with my MacBook Air and other apple products I probably wouldn’t change just for one feature.  

Also, hopefully soon the new “iPad Pro” will come out and that may well substitute for my laptop, especially with the desktop.  


That's it for now, Wednesday, August 2, 2017

No comments: