Monday, December 19, 2016

2018 Fall December 19 Monday


8 degrees this morning, no walk

I am already tired of this temperature!  Fortunately it doesn’t get this cold often here.  

We may or may not have a stool frozen.  If it is frozen I don’t understand how it froze (everything else is working fine), or it may have just pooped out (so to speak) at this time.  We’re calling a plumber, but I don’t really expect anyone to come out for several days since I’m sure theres people with a lot more serious problems.  

We have been debating which plumber to call to do some preventive maintenance and had just decided on one.  One of those “I should have called last week” deals!

I didn’t walk again this morning, no only because of the cold, but primarily because there is still snow and probably some ice on the ground and I can’t see it i the dark.  

As far as the cold goes, if it was this cold often, I’d have to just go ahead and walk in the cold, but since it doesn’t happen often, it might be better to not worry about it when it gets to the single digits!

The weather did give me a chance to do some reading since we decided not to go outside yesterday.  Finished “The Whistler” (it was good) and another short book.  

The weather isn’t supposed to warm up much today, or really until Wednesday. Maybe give us a chance to get the frozen stool (if that is what is wrong) looked at before it thaws and ruins the wall and some pipes!.

Today is a scheduled “field day”.  Probably will go ahead and go out.  I don’t spend that much time outside, just when I go from the car to someplace.  I do have plenty of office work.

Of course this is the time of year when a lot of people are off, so it is hard to get things accomplished sometimes.  

Another dream to record:


Dream 12-18-16:

Dream that Aliene and I were staying in an older hotel in, I think, Kansas City.  We had arrived without a hotel reservation (unusual for us) and just happened to stay at an older hotel near or at the meeting or conference we were going to.  

First we met some of Aliene’s family (I don’t recall who) that  we didn’t know was there and  then I met one of my granddaughters that I didn’t know was there and my mother, who I also didn’t know was there.

I met them in a restaurant.  I was walking from my room when a young girl came up and started walking right beside me and put her hand on my side.  I ignored her, thinking it was a child  who had either gotten lost and confused or was just playing.

It wasn’t until I saw my mother that I realized it was my granddaughter (of course, they never knew each other). My granddaughter appeared to be about ten at the time.   It was some kind of buffet.

I went back to get Aliene and somehow a large tray of donuts (the cake kind I love), etc. got delivered.  I  pulled open the plastic and started eating one shaped like an anchor.

Than a man I worked with in Lakeland came along and took some also.  

At that point I woke up.  Again, it took me a while to realize it was only a dream.

End of dream

Stay warm!


That’s it for now, Monday, December 19, 2016

No comments: