Sunday, December 18, 2016

2016 Fall December 18 Sunday



5 degrees this morning (-13 “feels like”), no walk

5 degrees this morning, some snow on the ground, just enough so there are icy patches.  I’m not real sure I would have walked in 5 degrees weather anyway!

Yesterday temperature started off at 40 degrees, but it is one of those 40 degrees that you know worse is coming!  Of course the wind is what makes it seem so cold, or what makes it feel so cold.

Reading John Grisham, “The Whistler”.  I don’t always like his books, I really liked the first four, and then he seemed to get contrived plots, that were contrived just to be contrived and it got rather boring and a waste of time.

Probably “The Firm” is one of my favorites, along with “A Time to Kill” and “The Innocent Man”.  The Innocent Man is non-fiction and is especially scary since it demonstrates how an innocent person was almost put to death by an over zealous prosecution.  

I thought the “Runaway Jury” was especially bad, as far as being contrived.

Of course, all fiction is somewhat contrived, but this was just unbelievable.  Not unbelievable in a science fiction or even a fiction sense, it just made me ask why I was wasting time with this book.

Like many authors, it was like he had lost interest and was just pumping out books to be fulfilling a contract. 

He has seemed to recover his passion for the last few books.  I certainly like this book (The WhistlerI).

I have a lot of favorite authors and books, it would be hard to say a favorite.  One author I really like who has written very few books is Nicholas Evans (The Horse Whisperer, The Loop, The Divide).  

I happened to look him up on Google and found he has a new book, so I will be looking forward to that!

I has shocked to read that his wife and him ate poisonous mushrooms in Scotland and destroyed their kidneys and had to take dialysis treatments five hours every other day.  His daughter recently donated a kidney and both are doing well.

Anyway, I am looking forward to his new book.  

It is one of those things, I hate to mention favorite authors because I will forget one or more!  

Another weird dream Saturday morning:

12-17-16:  Dream.

Not sure of setting, but there was a lot of rain and mud.

We rented a vehicle, somehow ended up with the State Department of Transportation pickup .  (One of those white pickups you see running around inspecting highway projects.)

Everyone kept asking “what are your driving a State pickup” and we would just reply that  is what they rented to us.

Not sure what we were doing there, I think we were attending some kind of ceremony, but i’m nor sure  what or whose.

It rained all the time and it seems we were saying i some kind of barn with a loft with a lot of construction workers around all the time.

Not sure what it was about, but it w as a very strong dream that it took me a few minutes to get out of.   (end of dream)

Probably just going to try to stay warm today and hope the snow melts!  


That’s it for now, Sunday, December 18, 2016.

No comments: