Tuesday, December 13, 2016

2016 Fall December 28 Tuesday



31 degrees this morning.  Walk 35;37 minutes 

Actually went one of my fastest “paces” this morning, the fastest I have recorded.  My overall time was a little longer because I walked a little further.  

I actually finally figured out how to put my Starbucks card on the Apple Watch, so when I buy something at Starbucks, I can use my Watch to pay for it.  I have been using my phone, but the Watch, if it works, will be fun to pay with.  

I have had a credit card on the Apple Watch for some time, I just haven’t used it.  I really need to study up on it.

It is kind of like when you are learning another language, you never feel quite ready to start talking to someone in their native language, no matter how much you have practiced.  

Like everything else (from riding up hills on a bicycle to whatever), nothing succeeds like just doing it and seeing what happens!

Went to a Toastmasters meeting last night, and that is what I like about Toastmasters, it gives you a chance to try something (from telling a joke, practicing a work presentation to being Club President, etc.) before you really try it in “real life”! 

What is even better is that you receive evaluations (as least on the speeches) which provides instant feedback on your performance, something you don’t always get in real life.

Listening to the lectures on “The Invisible Man”, and now I am sure I never read it before.  I have read a book by the same name, but not the one by Ralph Ellison.  

Listening to the lectures has been interesting, it has provided some thoughtful analyst of books I have read, plan to read and never have read and don’t intend to!

Listening, I am sure I have missed parts of it as my mind may wander, but I have have heard a large portion of it.  When I started, I wasn’t sure if I would be bored or not, but it has been interesting, even the lectures on books I have never read and have no intention of reading.

Actually, maybe it is more interesting for that reason, since I know I ‘m not going to read the book.

Forecast of snow, sleet and other “winter weather” this weekend and early next week. Still not near as bad as some of the other parts of the country.

Actually, Winter will start in about a week, I”ll need to look up the exact date and time.  At least when the “shortest day” happens, it only is better from there!

I do like Christmas, the lights, music etc.  Over the years we have developed a number of “animals” (toys) who can speak, dance and sing and even includes a dog that will roll over while barking! It is always fun to see them again for Christmas.
Perhaps even more fun is seeing the look of wonder in children's eyes when they see i for the first time!


That’s it for now, Tuesday, December 13, 2016.

No comments: