Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Winter December 31 Saturday


44 degrees this morning, walk 35:05 minutes

Pace was below my “average”, but it is becoming the “new average”.  It is becoming easier to consciously try to walk faster.

Last day of 2016.  It has been a fast year.  Looking back, I can pick out highlights, but the year just zoomed by.  

I saw one of those collages of all the “notable” persons who have died this year.  I was surprised at how many I either didn’t know about or had forgotten about.  

The book I am listening to on science fiction is of continuing interest with the power of science fiction to comment on society and predict the future.    Of course you have to  wonder if it isn’t just a matter of making so many predictions that some of them are going to come true, but I think they are more targeted than that.

On the other hand it could be that many of the inventions are modeled after science fiction, making somewhat of a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

One thing that has always somewhat puzzled me is that the first walk on the moon was in 1969 , which is close to 50 years ago, but very little actual space exploration of that type (human exploration) has continued, although some unmanned missions have occurred.

Much of the science fiction was predicting human colonies on at least Mars in the early 2000’s, which obviously is incorrect. 

Of course it looks like “1984” is going to become true in 2017, or at least “Animal Farm” for sure, which I believe was published in 1945, almost 75 years ago. 

Another dream, for some reason, a very powerful dream, it took me a while to realize it was only a dream.

Dream 12-30-16

Very realistic dream that I was working in a city I used to live in and, for some reason, I was using another building I thought was vacant for storing my bicycle, and just hanging out.

My excuse was I thought it was owned by the Chamber of Commerce (Which actually did own a building in the area I dreamed about)

In my dream, the owner comes in and talks to me.  He is friendly and doesn’t seem to give any indication that I am trespassing.

In the dream, I have a blanket wrapped around myself with a quilt and I am moving my bicycle.

The owner has long tangled red hair and is carrying around some weights (bar bells) and other items, which is rather strange. 

He referred to his wife and talks to her but I never see her.  Several children are laying wrapped in blankets on a bed.

He is discussing how he has just gotten back from Washington D.C and I am saying “nice pace to visit, wouldn’t want to live there”

I’m trying to figure out how to gracefully get out.  I am concerned Aliene will be upset if I leave the quilt.  

I realize the building is the  back room of their house and they use it as kind of an indoor back yard.

I wake up, with a strong feeling the dream is realistic.

Later…. (I take  two mini naps) another dream

For some reason I am arguing with a FeEX driver.  Apparently he calls for assistance and I see another Fedex truck coming up and parking.  Couldn’t remember the rest of the dream.

Wishing you all a happy and rewarding 2017!


That’s it for now, Saturday, December 31, 2016.

No comments: