Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I start a Blog

Although I have kept a "chalkboard" for years, this is my first attempt at blogging.

Waiting for Spring-hope it won't be long!

Briefly, grew up in Kansas, moved to Oklahoma, now live in Lakeland, Tennessee. I really enjoy Lakeland, the people, culture, especially the climate and even more especially my job.

What is my day like? Up at 4:00 a.m., walk/exercise, read the newspaper (I am a newspaper addict), take a short nap (I'm a 15 minute power napper) and then off to the office. Usually try to take a brief nap at noon. About 2-3 evenings per week, I normally have an evening meeting, so I take a short nap before the meeting. Usually to bed by 10:30 or 11.

Major hobbies include reading, bicycling, walking etc.

4:00 a.m.??? I know, I just wake up then. I started waking up at 5:00 a.m. some years ago, and rather than just lay there I got up and started walking and enjoyed it. I started waking earlier, but stopped at 4:00 a.m. If I wake up at 3:45, I stay in bed.

My pet peeve? Lakeland has no identity. We "share" a ZIP code with Arlington, a much smaller City, and the U.S. Postal Service is so rigid they can't change anything. If you put in "38002", you will get Arlington every time. BellSouth doesn't recognize Lakeland as a city. If you ask for "Lakeland information", they will tell you we don't exist!

Lakeland has Interstate 40 bisecting it. If you go from Memphis to Nashville, you go through Lakeland!

No comments: