Saturday, March 19, 2005

I quit Peanut Butter (well....somewhat)

Due to some failed attempts to really control my weight, at the suggestion of Aliene, I recently quit eating peanut butter on my toast each morning! This was a major concession for me, a person wh0 has had a lifelong love affair with peanut butter.

However, we normally eat breakfast at the Blue Plate Cafe on Saturday and Sunday, and, it so happens they have peanut butter....It also so happens that the serving staff knows us so well, I don't even have to order peanut butter....However, they do say if you are trying to lose weight, it is better to cut back on foods rather than completely eliminate them, so ....

My normal breakfast is oatmeal, toast and pean (whoops, I forgot) and jelly-no peanut butter right now!

I have let up on the bicycle somewhat due to a series of colds and a case of the flu, but I am getting back into it. I still walk about 2 miles most mornings for the morning paper. As I mention previously, I am somewhat of a daily newspaper addict and don't really feel the day is right until I read my daily newspaper!

No comments: