Tuesday, September 03, 2019

2i019 Summer September 3 Tuesday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_19
#Summer_of_19

74 degrees this morning, 83 % humidity. 

Relatively hot but nice day yesterday.

Exercise yesterday, Walk 27:33 pace of 7 seconds faster than my goal 
Swim:  20:36 minutes
Weights/sit ups

Enjoyed sitting on the patio this morning.  As I noted, the book “Deep Work” mentioned that researchers have found that any outdoor activity can help a person focus and increase your attention span.  

My experience certainly is that being outside can make me feel better, I don’t know about more attentive.  

Last AAA baseball game yesterday.  It started at 11:00 a.m. in the morning, so we scrambled for shad/inside seats and didn’t really go outside much.  Strange to have tamales for breakfast, since we didn’t eat breakfast before going to the game.  (We actually get there so early to eat etc., since our tickets include food,  so we got there around 10:20 a.m.)

We’ll miss the experience of the games plus the people we meet there.  Approximately 7 to 8 months before the next game!   (Usually the first AAA game is mid April.)

I read where the winter in this state is supposed to be a “polar winter” and will vary a lot.  What else is there about the weather in this state!  

One think I really don’t like about winter is having to dress for my walk in cold weather. It is difficult to gauge the right clothing to wear, and the extra clothes add an easy 5-10 minutes to getting  dressed. 

Not a lot of time in the overall scheme of things, but a lot of time in the morning!  While I get up at the same time (actually I wake up earlier, but I refuse to get up that early), I am trying to squeeze more exercise in, plus I need longer naps now for some reason

Twice in the past week I got up, thought it was my normal time to get up, I got up and went to my pre-walk place and looked a the watch and realized it was only 12:30 a.m.   I quickly go back to bed and  fortunately don’t have any problem getting back to sleep.

Actually I kind of enjoy  waking up once or twice during the night and realizing I still have time to sleep!

Taking the car I normally drive to the body shop today for the repairs from the hit and run etc.  The insurance Compay will pay 80% of the rental car costs, probably one of the best insurance coverages we have, if we need it!

That’s it for now, Tuesday, September 3, 2019.

#Resist




No comments: