Tuesday, July 30, 2019

2019 Summer July 30 2019 Tuesday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_19
#Summer_of_19 

75 degrees this morning 86% humidity 

Good day yesterday, a little hotter,  high of around 100 degrees. 

Exercise yesterday, Walk 28:16 minutes, pace was 20 seconds slower than my goal.  

I was (and still am) thinking of canceling the local newspaper.  Part of my decision is  I also would cancel the Wall Street Journal, since it is delivered with the local newspaper.  I assume that is the only way they can effectively deliver it by partnering with a local newspaper.  

While I despise the owners of the Wall Street Journal and feel their editorial opinions are basically propaganda for the lying coward lunatic and his band of coward toadies, I do like  other parts of the paper. 

For example, it was the first place that had a story about how the “baby shark” song was becoming a “brain song” hat you could’t get out of your mind.  (I was familiar with it because of Grandchildren).  

I have to admit when I first saw it, I was (and still am) rather appalled that this was aimed at children, since it was obvious to me that the sharks were trying to eat the fish, catchy song or not!  However I haven’t talked to a child yet who has made the connection!

The WSJ has the first story I saw about how Hank Aaron was on a trend to break Babe Ruth’s record for most career home runs. 

The Saturday edition is especially interesting since it has a section about books, and a section on innovative ideas t.  

Today I saw a story about how more men are getting pedicures etc.  

Anyway it is an interesting news paper.  It has a lot more than just business news. 

I have been dithering about the newspaper delivery. Since January, the newspaper delivery has been erratic and is simply bad customer service. 

Last week it wasn’t delivered twice and came late every day but one.  I was all set to cancel the newspaper Saturday when, of course, it came at 5;15 a.m.  and I hoped they had finally worked out their delivery problem.

Crepe Myrtle are out in full bloom.  As I have mentioned before Crepe Myrtle are one of my favorite plants.  

I don’t know if the rain was especially good to them this year, but they certainly look wonderful this year.  

Getting my new work computer tomorrow.  It will be nice to have one I can depend on, although it is always a hassle to learn a new computer.  Apparently it will have Word 16 instead of Word 7, or some similar jump. 


That’s it for now, Tuesday, July 30, 2019.

#Resist

No comments: