Monday, July 01, 2019

2019 Summer july 1 Monday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_19
#Summer_of_19

73 degrees this morning, 83% humidity.

Another beautiful day yesterday, sunny, low nineties.

Start of the second half of the year 2019 also the start of fiscal year 2020 for most states and cities who operate on a July 1 to June 30 fiscal year!

Soon the daylight will get noticeably shorter as the Summer continues and, even at the height of Summer, the march to Winter starts.  

I need to develop a better frame of mind about Winter, if nothing else that Summer is one day closer each day!  

The reunion is over, another year passes.  It was a very good reunion.  I think of it as a yardstick, a time to reflect on the events that occurred to relatives and ourselves  in the past year. It is always fun to catch up in person and talk personally.  As I mentioned,  Facebook, etc. is nice but nothing is as good as an opportunity to visit without any specific agenda.  

I did learn some valuable information that the MacBook Air may be upgraded this Fall, so I will wait to see before I buy another MacBook Air.  Nothing is worse (when considering buying computers, phones etc.) as buying a device right before an upgrade comes out!  Even if it has features I would never use, I feel cheated if I buy right before an upgrade.

I actually bought my first Apple computer (an iMac desktop), literally right before Apple came out with an upgrade that had the Intel chip, immediately making the computer I bought obsolete.  (Of course, I did use it fo about 7 years!).  But, lesson learned, maybe too well, in that I tend to wait too long now.

I think, like a car, a computer is a 3-6 year or more commitment (a car is probably longer), so I don’t want to make a mistake!  

We also discussed cars, especially the future of cars as far as electric and “self-driving” cars. I am starting to think of cars like computers, I hate to think of buying one because a big new “upgrade”  (regarding batteries for hybrids and electric cars,  advances in self-driving and especially advances in safety and electronics etc.)  may be in the immediate future!  

One item that was hardly discussed at all, in fact I’m not sure if it was even really mentioned,  was politics, which probably is just as well.!  (Actually we almost never talk politics at this, we have too many other things to talk about.)  I think politics can get into the way of more important discussions, connecting actions or event we can actually control or at least not impact the opportunity to visit about more important things. 

Actually, when I think about it, the current political atmosphere is probably dangerous and creates negative factors on both sides.

I have delayed some plans until “after the reunion”. This is probably similar to when people talk about what they are going to do “after the holidays” in November and December!!I actually have a good start, I have been using Evernote to try to develop some habits for “21 days” so they will hopefully become “new habits”!


That’s it for now, Monday, July 1, 2019.

#Resist

No comments: