Thursday, July 11, 2019

2019 Summer July 11 Thursday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_19
#Summer_of_19

77 degrees this morning 86 % humidity.

Hot but nice day yesterday.  Some clouds early afternoon.

As I have mentioned before, we really like the city we live in, but it seems to have a lot of “hidden” agendas.  Meetings (public meetings which are supposed to be for public access) are held at weird times like 7:30 a.m., 3:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m.

While the agendas are published on the web page etc., I frequently learn of issues after they are already decided or at least discussed to the point of a “yes-no” decision.  Perhaps not having a local daily paper is part of it.

Absolutely nothing illegal or unethical on this, I just feel they can do a better job of informing the public.  However, meetings at 7:30 in the morning are highly unusual to say the least!

Maybe I’m just not trying hard enough, I have some responsibility to try to find information, although I think any meetings should be at a time when the public has a reasonable expectation they can attend.  

This is a city of 100,000, sometimes it seems like a city of 5,000 run by an entrenched group or groups who don’t want to let anyone else know what is going on!  

With all of that, it still is a great community.  

I recently saw a notation of when I started attending Toastmasters again (after moving back to this area about 5 years ago).  I had not attended for about 13 years since I couldn’t find a Toastmasters Club that was convenient.

Anyway I realized how my personal interests and needs have changed since I joined Toastmasters about 30 years ago.  Nothing unusual about that, it is just the flow of life, but I really realized it when I gave a speech about my “Toastmaster journey” and I realized how much our lives change as we grow older.  Not good or bad, just the change occurs and I suddenly become aware of the changes.  

As I’m sure I have mentioned before, years ago I learned about “Kaizen” or continuous improvement and it really struck a chord with me.  Actually, I still remember when I learned he term and realized the importance of “continuous improvement”.

One example is a credit card where I et “2% cash back”.  We have funded most of our “electronic devices” with the “cash back”.  It is a small amount, but it adds up each month and then each year etc!  

I think that is the basis of many of my projects, how minor improvements can become major improvements and make long-term changes through daily (or weekly or even monthly) changes.  

Maybe that is one reason I am stunned by the lying coward lunatic and his refusal to even consider any criticism and how he can improve. 

One of the few organizations I have seen where you are punished for telling the truth and rewarded for lying about how good the pompous lying fool is. 


That’s it for now, Thursday, July 11, 2019.

#Resist

No comments: