Friday, March 17, 2017

2017 Winter March 17, 2017


64 degrees this morning, 35:05 minute walk

Relatively cool 64 degrees.  Pace was about 12 seconds per mile slower than expectations.  

It is amazing what the iWatch measures and I probably don’t know the half of it.  It measures calories, (active and total) elevation gain, average heart rate, steps, distance etc.

The NCAA basketball tournament has become somewhat a cultural phenomenon.  I have never been a “bracket” person myself, although I was invited to participate  one that had some extra features to keep it interesting.  It had some features like bonus points for upsets etc., that made sense.

Unfortunately I didn’t act in time to get involved in it.  While I watch it, I don’t really get involved in following it, so I wouldn’t be much good at “brackets” anyway.  

Friday today, I am glad to see the weekend come.  Not that it has been that bad of a week, I am just glad to have several days off.  

Just thinking during my walk how I used to say how nice it might be to have a job I could basically forget after working hours and on weekends, but I wondered if it would get boring.  

I actually have a job now, that, when I”m off, I’m really off.  It has it’s good points and some negative points, but it is what it is.  

It is definitely nice to not have to worry about “work” off of work hours, but somehow the large amount of free time I expected to have never materialized.  Like someone said, activities expand to slightly exceed the time available!  (I don’t really know if anyone said that or not, but someone should have!)

I am really glad to see Spring arrive Tuesday, even if it is name only!  Actually I think it is supposed to be in the 70’s on Monday which is appropriate for Spring!

I am looking forward to sitting on the patio again and feeling the early morning air.  When it is happening, it seems timeless and it will always be this way and when it is not happening, it seems like it is timeless in nature.

Had a minor accident in a parking lot the other day (both cars backing.  It didn’t look like anything was damaged, so we just went on.  

Of course about two days later I notice part of the car is sticking out. I took it to the body shop and they just pushed it back in and said the plastic they use in cars is amazing!   I didn’t know if this cost would be a small amount or several thousand dollars, so I was relieved to say the least. 

One of the the things about Summer I really like about this area is the late sunsets.  I never really quite got used to the early evenings in Memphis.  It got light almost an hour earlier in the morning and dark and hour earlier at night because of the time zone.  
There is something about the long Spring/Summer evenings when the sun just seems to hand there, watching all of the summer activities that are going on.


That’s it for now, Friday, March 17, 2017.

No comments: