Wednesday, March 22, 2017

2017 Spring March 22 Wednesday

2017 Spring March 22 Wednesday

54 degrees this morning, no walk (medical test early this morning)

This is the time of year when the temperature can fluctuate widely, and it is frequently neither hot nor cold.  It seems to almost create an unhealthier environment than even the extreme cold or winter or the heat of summer. 

Supposed to get to 78 degrees today, which is a significantly lower “high” than the past several days. 

Wore shorts, sandals and t-shirt yesterday, which felt good.  

I really will be glad when I can start doing my walk in just shorts and a t-shirt, it is just so much more enjoyable, especially when it is warm.  

Still moving things around in our house and we continue the process of “moving in”, which still is including throwing or giving stuff away and rearranging items.  

Of course, anytime you move something you haven’t touched for a year or more you think “I really need to get rid of that”!

Aliene is the best packer and manager of storing stuff I have even known.  It makes great use of space.  Our house has all kinds of nooks and crannies and little storage spaces that she takes advantage of that I would have never thought of.

That  reminds me of office organization  and the “OHIO” concept (only handle it once) which sounds so good but I have somehow never gotten into  doing, in spite of trying for over 40 years!  

No matter how hard I try, I am ultimately a “pile person” and I like my piles!  Also, I normally know where to look in my “piles” or “stacks”, but I realize it would be much more efficient if I used the OHIO method and the  method of filing it as soon as I am done with it.

I have probably tried every kind of filing system or organization system, but somehow revert back to “piles”, although I have improved some over the years. 

Computers have helped some, except that it is so easy just to keep “everything” on a computer, assuming I can find it, or remember I had it.  

I have found a lot of organization is what to keep and what to discard, perhaps somewhat like life.

The times when I don’t exercise in the morning is rather strange, since on mornings when I exercise etc, almost every minute is planned from the moment I get up until I go to work.  

On days when I don’t exercise, it is almost completely unplanned, so there is a lot of difference!  Maybe somewhat like a vacation!


That’s it for now, Wednesday, March 22, 2017.

No comments: