Monday, November 21, 2016

2016 Fall November 21 Monday



45 degrees this morning, walk 35:32 minutes 

Got a “sleep app” and a “pulse app” for the iWatch.  The “pulse app” actually is pretty good, although I can see some areas for improvement.  

I also learned how to “silence” the watch.  Since you feel the “tap” of the watch on your wrist, you really don’t need the sounds, which can be annoying in the wrong place.

I simply turned the volume down to minimum  It isn’t likely I’ll use the watch as a phone all that often so It’s not a big deal.  

Of course, now I have to wonder what I will do with all of that data!  I really don’t have time to analyze everything that could be analyzed, but it is still interesting to have the information.  I think having it just to note any extremes is good.  I also like the averages.

One problem I noted with the “pulse” app is that it provides the “average” for the actual day you are up (i think) , so right now the average includes my walk.

In a way, I like the “sleep part’” of the pulse app better and the “pulse part” of the sleep app better!  However that is based on about 12 hours experience with them, so I expect i will learn more as I go along.

I am syncing both of them to the Apple health app to see what happens.  

Other than that, i learned how to move the apps etc. around, so I am gradually learning!

So far, I am using the watch for exercise, messages, as a stop watch, reminders, alarms, a calendar, the pulse app, the sleep app, and it also tells time.  Also, I can glance at it and get the temperature and weather (brief) so that is also nice.

The battery is good.  Yesterday I walked , fiddled with it all day, had it on the “pulse app” and sleep app all night, walked again, and it still had 32% of the battery left!

Really had a strong dream last night, I even woke up thinking it was real and was very relieved when I realized it was  just a dream.  Of course, I couldn’t remember it this morning to write it down!

Dream yesterday.  

11-20-16:

Dreamed was climbing a bunch of high towers.It seemed we routinely climbed some hight towers which we apparently had to climb as a matter of course.

One time I was climbing a tower when I seemed to start getting dizzy and having difficulty climbing down (I was at the top)

The next thing I knew a nurse was giving me some blue balls of something that ‘would make me feel better until 9-1-1 got here”

I woke up and realized it was only a dream.

The next dream was even stranger (my nap wasn’t done yet) and was completely different, but I forgot it while writing the first dream.

Dreams are fleeting indeed!

I nap for short periods (as short as 2 minutes) although usually in the 14 to 28 minute range n the morning and the 11 to 18 minute range during the day.


That’s it for now, Monday, November 21, 2016.

No comments: