Thursday, November 10, 2016

2016 Fall November 10 Thursday



40 degrees this morning.  Walk 34:15 minutes 

Not sure if there is any relationship between my walk time and the weather this morning!  I think that is a record, although I haven’t checked.

One thing about the iWatch, it keeps the exact distance.  On the iPhone, the mileage I walked could vary about .2 of a mile either way. 

The iWatch keeps it exactly and it has been the same each day to the .10 of a mile.  

When I saw the 34:15, my first thought was I had “cheated” and forgotten to walk part of the route, but I walked exactly the same distance, so the faster walk was valid.

I really have no idea why I walk fast some days, slower on others. Normally I can feel it when I am slow.  Have varied as much as 2 minutes either way.

Santa Claus is here!  I saw my first Santa Claus yesterday.  He actually looked kind of lonely (it was mid afternoon on a weekend).  I saw the big guy come in myself.

Also heard Christmas music in the store, got in my car and heard Christmas music on the radio, XM already has at least one Christmas station with only Christmas music!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, I love it. I like Christmas decorations, Christmas music, Santa Claus, everything about it.  

Every year I think I will list to Christmas music in July on Internet radio, although I never do.  

I don’t blame the businesses, I think something like 75 % of some of their profits come from the Holiday Season (I may be wrong on that and of course it will vary based on the business.)

I am disappointed that it now looks like the Hedge fund, private equity and drug company thieves are going to have a field day ripping off the government and the American public without any oversight whatsoever from the government.  

Also, it looks like the same incompetents who destroyed Kansas and this state will now be doing the same thing at the national level.  

I am sure they will do an excellent job of it.  

Seems like they would learn, but I saw a picture of some Kansas incompetent politician  with  a big ass kissing grin just  at the thought of how they can  shovel tax money to his friends and political supporters and try to stuff their stupid, idiotic  policies on Americans at the national level.  I don’t think they will have much luck at that.  

Kind of like this state, where they brag about a ‘tax cut” of $36 per year for persons making minimum wage and $1,000 per for their buddies and friends who make over $200,000 per year!  Meanwhile schools fall apart, public services deteriorate as they brag about all the “incentives” business gets!

I just figure “what goes around comes around” as they say.

"There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will." - Epictetus

That quote kind of leaped out at me.  Of course, there is always the decisions of what is “beyond of our will”.


That’s it for now, Thursday, November 10, 2016.

No comments: