Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bestbuy "warranty" is worthless

The Bestbuy "warranty" is worthless, since the "service tech" can apparently decide to charge whatever he wants and say the service call isn't part of the warranty.

I spent over three hours on the phone with Bestbuy over the weekend and all they will say is that the Service Tech (who I am sure makes more money on a non-warranty service call) is the one who decides! A strange way to run a business.

Less that two weeks after the installation, the item I purchased is not working properly again! So, who do I call when I know that the "Geek Squad"member is financially motivated to call it a non-warranty call and it apparently is not reviewable by anyone?

Obviously, I will never again purchase an item from Bestbuy where he warranty is important! They just flat don't honor it and, what is worse, charge an extremely high fee for the call!

No comments: