Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sad story

Every Spring I look forward to the "bellowing" of the bullfrogs as I walk/bike in the morning. Somehow when the bellowing of the bullfrogs start, it is like Summer has truly started.

They bellowed for several months this year and about a month ago, I noticed they stopped. My neighbor just told me that he thought some birds had eaten the bullfrogs, he said he had seen some dead frogs on the bank and the birds eating them.

I will miss the bellowing of the bullfrogs on Summer mornings, somehow it won't be the same (although I guess nothing ever is). Maybe when my Granddaughters come out to visit....

One positive note is that the other pond in the addition has plenty of bullfrogs and when I ride my bike I still hear the welcome bellowing of the bullfrogs in the other pond.

If I were in the range of 8 years old again, I would run down to the other pond, grab some bullfrogs and put them in the pond by my house!

No comments: