Sunday, December 02, 2007

December 2, 2007

64 degrees at 4:00 a.m. this morning. A little windy, but I had a nice walk. I am glad to get back into my exercise program after a short break due to my skin cancer surgery. (The surgery itself was very minor and not any big deal, but keeping the area dry and trying to make sure I didn’t pull apart the stitches was a major hassle! Still haven’t started riding the bike or lifting weights. (I do the stationary bike and situps, but it’s not the same.)

Work remains busy, even though frequently it slows down this time of year (maybe I say that every year!) It seems like there are two or three projects arise to make up for the one I finish! Well, I would rather be too busy than bored!

Everyone is doing ok overall. Aliene is just getting over a bad cold, which I know is miserable. She is glad to get back into her exercise etc. program also. She has decorated the house for the holidays, she always does a good job. The house takes on a “seasonal” look as the year goes by and I enjoy the change.

I am about five books behind on my reading and, as usual, behind on my “thoughts” on the conferences and seminars I have attended as well as books I have read. As part of my designation with the International City Managers Association, I need to submit a report on what I have learned during the year. Although it is time consuming, I enjoy it and I know it helps me retain and use some of the stuff I learn.

I am currently waiting for the local paper (Commercial Appeal) to be delivered. As normal, it is late on Sunday.

No comments: