Friday, August 10, 2007

Living it and Loving it-Summer 2007


85 degrees at 3:45 a.m. this morning! I love it! I am currently sitting on the patio enjoying the head, and, oddly enough, a nice cool wind.

I really enjoy sitting on the patio, either working, reading or whatever. I am currently also watching a podcast on Mt. Everest (“The Rest of Everest”). I enjoy reading and watching about mountain climbing, although I don’t have any interest in every mountain climbing. I read “In Thin Air” and then heard Beck Weathers at a conference and read his book (“Left for Dead”) and a lot of other books on mountain climbing.

The podcast on “The Rest of Everest” is a daily (almost tedious) film of a Mt. Everest expedition.

I have been staying busy both for the City and personally. Somehow things never seem to slow down, and obviously I hope they don’t. I am currently reading a book about Lincoln, autobiography (David Donald, Lincoln), a book about Iraq (Bob Woodward, State of Denial), and a book “Bringing Out the Best in People”. In addition, I try to keep up with my magazines. I also love newspapers and spend too much time reading the Commercial Appeal and Wall Street Journal!

We enjoyed the Courter Reunion, and then my 60th Brithday. Aliene’s daughter is having knew surgery so she is with her for the surgery and aftermath.

No comments: