Tuesday, August 07, 2007

83 degrees at 4 a.m.-Summer is really here!

83 degrees this morning at 4:00 a.m.! I love Summer, I enjoy the heat, and especially enjoy being able to sit outside and read/work, the long daylight hours, the fresh blueberries, the flowers, leaves etc. and even the sound of the cicadas in the early evening.

Of course, now the Summer is at its height, it is also declining into Winter, somewhat like life.

I enjoy it while I can. Actually I love the climate out here, since the Winter isn’t really that bad. What I don’t really like is the way the cold/coolness hands on in the Spring. I always think around late February or March I want to go someplace hot to get away from the cold.

I really enjoy fresh blueberries for breakfast with my oatmeal and, while frozen blueberries are better than none, I really miss fresh blueberries!

August always means the Courter Reunion. The Courter Reunion is here and gone. It is always a surprise to me how long you plan for something and how short it lasts. We had basically planned for the Courter Reunion for a year (in our minds anyway). Suddenly it is over.

We really enjoyed having everyone out. Sorry more people couldn’t be here (you were here in spirit, we talked about you!), but we had a good group and we are already looking forward to next year.

No comments: