Friday, July 03, 2020

2020 Summer July 3 Friday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_20
#Summer_of_20

73 degrees this morning  87% humidity wind 5 mph

Weights:  Sit-ups, bar bells, bench press yesterday morning 

Another wonderful day yesterday Sunny, low wind, high of 97 degrees
As I mentioned, a wonderful day on the patio.

A little cooler this morning, wind is supposed to be only 5 mph, but it feels like it is a lot stronger than that, at least gusts of it. 

Walk 24:29 minutes, pace was 37 seconds slower than my goal.  My new shoes put a spring to my step even if it isn’t making me faster.  For some reason I really like thinner socks with my walking shoes, but it is hard to find a pair that go over the ankle. I really don’t care for the “sockless” look. If I don’t want to wear socks, I won’t wear socks!

I finished the first story of Stephen King, “If It Bleeds”.  It is what he is so good at,  where he leads you into thinking, just maybe, this could happen.  I’m already looking forward to the next one.  

Today is a better Friday than most Fridays, it is a Holiday!  So nice to have a 3 day weekend.

I am scheduled to get my beard trimmed and my hair trimmed today.  I assume it is time, although I don’t know when I am scheduled to go “in the field” again or even go in public without a mask.  It may be next week, it may be in August or later. 

Also, I don’t really know when we will eat inside a restaurant, go to a store etc  It may be much longer than we anticipated.  

I possibly could go for another 4 months without a haircut or a beard trim since It may be that long before we are “in public” again in the sense someone will see us without a mask , etc.

The continuous rise of the virus has really been scary.  The governor wanted to be “first to open up” and the resulting chaos is increasing the virus spread again. His political ambitions got ahead of his common sense.  

I was looking at one of the Walmart “symbols” the other day.  It is kind of a bunch of colored sticks in a circle.  

Nothing against it, but I just realized the State, at an expense of millions of dollars “developed” some kind of symbol they call a “brand” or something like that.  

Strangely enough it is almost like the Walmart “brand”. The state is spending additional millions putting this thing on stationary, signs (which is very expensive), business cards and otherwise inundating the state with it. 

I guess when the state elected a governor who said he wasn’t qualified to be governor and is proving it every day, they get what they wanted.  A bunch of business  people running around with unlimited funds and no sense of how to run a government where “appearances” and “brands” substitute for quality and common sense.

I thought it was ironic that the state spent all the time and money “promoting” a “brand” so close to Walmarts,  but I guess what do you expect? 

That’s it for now, Friday, July 3, 2020.

#Resist







No comments: