Wednesday, May 27, 2020

2020 Spring May 27 Wednesday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_20
#Spring_of_20

59 degrees this morning  93% humidity 

Cool day yesterday, finally got up to 74 but it was late afternoon and the sun finally came out.  Really thought it was going to rain, but it never did. 

Walk, 22:48 minutes, pace was 3 seconds slower than my goal, which tied my time a few days again.  Today, I really didn’t realize I was walking that fast.  

What I really hope I can do is eventually lower my goal by a minute, but first things first, I need to meet my immediate goal first on a regular basis!

Watching the “opening up” crowds over the weekend, I feel a chill of foreboding (or something like that).  Hopefully there won’t be any big outbreaks, and there may well not be.  I hope not.  

While it really hasn’t been all that bad, it would be nice to get back to some kind of normal.  I’m not sure what the impact would be of another big outbreak.  I just know we are going to limit ourselves for the near future until we see what develops.

As I have mentioned, I watched the (now) Netflix series “Longmire”.  I recently finished the series and decided I’d read the book series also.

8  As frequently is the case, the book and movie/series is completely different.  In this case I was surprised by the difference, especially in the characters,  and I decided after reading part of the first series of the book, I probably won’t finish the book and certainly don’t plan to finish the series

I had put a “hold” on a number of the Longmire books (It is a 16 book series) at our Library and I canceled the holds after realized  book was so much different from the series.  

The Library system is “opening up” with curbside pickup only, which is fine with me.  I haven’t tried it yet, but it will be interesting.

One thing, in my job, I have realized the importance of the computers the library has for people who don’t have computers.  They provide internet access, printers , etc., for people who otherwise wouldn’t have access.

Anyway, the Library is going to allow people to make appointments for limited time on the computers.  One of the big limitations has been the lack of access to computers.  

Usually I am the other way, I remember reading “Cool Hand Luke”  (many years ago) and I loved the book but hated the movie. Later I think I watched the movie after many years and liked it, but the first time I saw it I hated it  

I usually found if I read the book first I didn’t like the movie, and if I saw the movie first (and liked the characters and plot), I’d normally like the book.

Of course, frequently the book and movie have nothing in common. 


That’s it for now, Wednesday, May 27, 2020.

#Resist

No comments: