Wednesday, May 13, 2020

2020 Spring May 13 Wednesday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#Spring_of_20
#My_Journey_20

52 degrees this morning 98% humidity 

Years ago, I wrote a poem about a “Day of Gray” . Yesterday was a “Day of Gray”.  Absolutely no color, it was cold and cloudy all day.  Hardly what you expect in the Spring!

I don’t believe it got above 53 degrees, and when I walked it was around 46 degrees, not a good day for anything!  Actually I heard on the news that the “high” was 53 degrees, which broke a 106 year old record of 55 degrees as the “high” for the day.  

I guess it is a little hard to get excited about a “weather record” since we have absolutely noting to do with it, but I get excited about it anyway. 

Walk was 24:54 minus, pace was 1:01 minutes slower than my goal.  The walk was actually reasonably nice, considering the weather. 

Finished my series “Longmire”.  It was really a good show.  Better yet, it ended well, they wrapped up everything well. 

It lasted six seasons and kept me interested the entire time.  I had a wide variety of characters who were relatively realistic.  

I looked at some other shows, but didn’t see anything I really thought would grab me, so I”ll probably watch the next season of 'Bosch”.  

I don’t know how long it would have taken me if it had been “normal," but I guess I”ll never know, not that it matters.  

It sounds more and more like “opening up” is  mistake, although it may not be.  

I really wonder how anything can be “normal” with the virus going around and still contagious.  I don’t know what the answer is, but I know what the answer is for me.

I expect we will need to learn to wear face masks and do “social distancing” for some time, or at least expect it and it if improves it is all to the good.

What is scary is seeing some of the ways it is changing?  

I can vaguely remember getting my first polio shot and the relief in all the parents around.  I didn’t remember  it all, but I’ve read about it and it was just something everyone dreaded but lived with.  

I don’t know if this is the same or not, it appears to be a lot more contagious than polio was.  

Of course when I was a child, we all got mumps, measles and chicken pox.  It was just a fact of life.

There is always something to be concerning about, although this is certainly a threat like  I have never seen before. 


That’s it for now, Wednesday, May 13, 2020.

#Resist

No comments: