Saturday, January 25, 2020

2020 Winter January 25 Saturday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_20
#Winter_of_20

33 degrees this morning, 84% humidity 

Cold yesterday, but overall not bad, little wind and basically sunny

Glad the weekend is here.  As I have noted before, I love my job but I also like my time off.

Continue doing well as far as my coughing, little or no coughing.  Only anyone with a chronic cough can understand what a relief it is.  

I don’t know if it is the antibiotics, the Benadryl  or something else.  Hopefully whatever it is is permanent. I’ll see.

I haven’t started walking yet, I am getting back into exercise.  The big test will come when I walk or bike outside.  If I start coughing, I probably will need to change my walking patterns, no matter how much I will miss it.  I’ll see.  

As I have mentioned before, my morning walk means a lot more than just a walk.  It meant a chance to think, to listen to a book, and if nothing else just enjoy the physical effort of walking outside. 

Ditto with riding the bicycle , although I don’t listen to anything when I ride, and it is a completely different physical effort and environment.  I really just enjoy the feeling of gliding flow I feel on the bike.  Hard to explain, as they note, you have to do it to explain it. 

Actually got to use our home warranty, they didn’t say it was “lack of maintenance” or that it wasn’t covered.  The turning function quit working on our microwave.  Apparently at least one motor quit working.  I didn’t have any idea that the microwave had two motors just to operate the turning mechanism.  

I still remember the first microwave I saw, it was at the Kansas State Fair and it was considered a miracle.  If I figure right, that has to be more years than I care to think about, so the microwave has now been around for a long time! 

Sometimes I think about the children born now or recently, growing up with computers, smart phones, terrorism, robot vacuum cleaners and mowers , etc., and I wonder how my life would have been different.  

Not that I care to find out!  My sister mentioned that maybe when we are faced with a decision, whatever decision we make, “Alternate universes” are created for the decisions we didn’t make.

I doubt it but it is an interesting concept! 


That’s it for now, Saturday, January 25, 2020.

#Resist

No comments: