Saturday, November 02, 2019

2019 Fall November 2 Saturday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_19
#Fall_of_19

34  degrees this morning  89% Humidity 

Reasonably good day yesterday.  High of 62 degrees.  

Surprised to find I have been missing e-mails I want to read.  I am making organizing my e-mails a priority.  Basically I want to get rid of the junk and have room so I can see the e-mails I want to read.  

It may take a while, but I’ll set it up. I have set up separate e-mails for many things, but I just get too much.  I’ll read up on it and make it a priority.  This is a project I have planned  on, but I think it just gets overwhelming.  

Anyway, I’ll just start the one day at a time routine and get some “rules” set up to handle all of the e-mails and so I can review the ones I want to read and save.  I’ll get the older e-mails as I have time.

Finally bit the bullet so to speak and purchased air tickets for our winter vacation.  I always heard roughly 45 days is the best time to buy, I”ll see.  I’m sure the air fares will take a steep dip sometime in the near future!

Another “2nd of the month”, it has now been 5 years and 4 months since we moved to this area and 5 years and 2 months in my current job.  Time goes by.  

We are going to an Apple “seminar” on using the iPad and iPhone today.  It ought to be interesting and hopefully helpful.  Actually the Apple seminars are normally good and informative. 

Hopefully I can also find out about why my iPhone won’t “rotate” and check on what I need to do to have both phone lines on one phone.  It is possible, but that doesn’t mean it will actually work for me.  

Still writing on my iPad and then I “air drop” it to my computer, so I don’t have to worry about the missing “o” on my computer (the MacBook Air).  Actually so far the “o” has worked, although I have to hold it down for awhile.

An “extra” hour this weekend.  Always welcome, but it also is another sign of Winter starting.  Actually, although I don’t like “losing” the hour in the Spring, it is a sign that Spring is coming.  

One reason I always resist buying a new computer or phone etc. is that I frequently lose the “passwords”.  While it has gotten a lot better, I still dislike having to deal with getting a new password when I upgrade or whatever.

I learned about a good password manager that I am going to try.  It could really save me a lot of time plus make my websites etc. a lot more secure.  

As I noted before, I have read a Newsletter that there is a strong sign there will be a “cyberattack” in the U.S. in the future and I am sure there will be cyberattacks as the 2020 elections approach, so it won’t hurt if I have the strongest protection possible.  It is really scary how someone could get access to your bank account etc.

If nothing else, it will save me a lot of time in changing and trying to recover passwords!  Once the computer “remembers” passwords, it is easy to forget them.  I don’t know exactly how a password manager works, but I’ll find out.  

I read a book once where the author said “you can do anything is you’re willing to put the time in to learn and do it”, within reason of course.  I guess I’m ready to put it to the test, getting my e-mail set up so I don’t miss e-mails and setting up the password manager.


That’s it for now, Saturday, November 2, 2019

#Resist

No comments: