Tuesday, May 21, 2019

2019 Spring May 21 Tuesday

#Purple_Days_and_Golden_Nights
#My_Journey_19
#Spring_of_19

61 degrees this morning, 100% humidity.  Severe thunder and lightning, heavy rain coming through right now.  Ready to go walking, but not in this storm!  (The pool will be closed anyway.)

Yesterday was kind of the storm that never came, at least during the day.  It finally started raining about 8:30 p.m. or so.  

While it rained hard, I don’t think there was any damaging winds, hail etc. that they forecast  

The storms were actually all around us, they just didn’t hit in this area.

One of those days when the forecast encouraged people to not get out, and, as I mentioned, the schools closed and many offices and businesses closed early, trying to avoid the storms.

I was “in the field” and even came back to my office about 3 hours  early to avoid the storm.  

As it turned out, it was fine until about 8:30 last night.  

I really think they all made the right decision, even if the storm didn’t come until late.  Frankly, I applaud that many of the leaders, business owners etc.  cared enough to shut down schools, shut down early so employees can make it home etc.  

The only downside is that the forecast has been wrong (or at least incorrect) several times and I’d hate to see people  start to think  “well it’s not coming here”, because that is when the forecast is exactly right or  even worse.

As I mentioned last week, we managed to get caught in a rain storm Saturday morning that hadn’t even  been forecast so it works both ways!

I had been working on a speech for Toastmasters but the meeting was canceled due to the weather.  In this case a really good decision, since the rain started in about the time many members are going home.  

Anyway, due to my schedule and Holidays etc, I probably won’t be able to give the speech for about a month, which actually is probably good. The extra time will give me more time to refine it, although I’ll stop working on it until a few days before I am scheduled to give it again.  

One of the best books I have read for a while is “The Storm on Our Shores” by Mark Obmascik.  To be honest, I wasn’t even sure if I would finish reading it, or even begin reading it.  I got it from the Library after I read a review of it.

It is about a battle most people (including me before I read the book) have never heard of, and in an area no one has ever heard of.  

It was very well researched and written.  

Hopefully the weather will change for the better for the rest of the summer!  Looking at the weather map, there are several more hours of thunder, lightning and rain coming through this morning. I’m glad we still have electricity!


That’s it for now, Tuesday, May 21, 2019.

#Ressit

No comments: