Saturday, July 07, 2018

2018 Summer July 7 Saturday

2018 Summer July 7 Saturday

75 degrees this morning, walk 34:35 minutes 

Good day for a walk this morning.  In spite of the somewhat lower temperature, it seemed hotter and the air more “dense” than previous recent mornings.  

No moon this morning.  I am sure there is a reason for when the moon is visible, or at least maybe a rational for it.  

Pace was 5 seconds slower than my goal. 

There is a lot written on “challenging yourself” or how “challenges” are good, as long as you try to meet them.  

I thought of that this morning when I increased by weight on the Bench Press exercise by 50 lbs.  I have been kind of cruising along on the weights, easily able to lift the weight I had set it at.  

I really hadn’t intended to increase it by the full 50 libs, but decided to try it.

I usually do 12 repetitions to a set.  With the increased 50 lbs I could do 6 repetitions or at least 6 repetitions comfortably and I have no intention of injuring myself by tryin to lift too much  weight two soon.  

I figure will will gradually increase my repetitions until I get to 12, when it may be time to add a few more lbs. 

Anyway, my point is that the increased weights suddenly made my weight exercises more interesting and (perhaps too strong of a word) “exciting” by having a challenge to meet each morning.  

I have learned the wisdom of “one bite at a time”, so it may be another siz months, year or for all I know, 2 years before I am ready to add more weights to the “bench press” and add more weight.  

Actually, well over a year ago I increased my dumbbell weights by 10 libs (5 lbs in each side) and I am still getting used to that, so who knows how long it will be before I actually get to the point I can comfortably  increase weight.  

The key point also is “who cares”.  I don’t have any pressure (other than self pressure) to increase the weights.

Heard the ‘first bird” this morning just now.  Right as scheduled, or at least it appeared on it’s won schedule.

Another weekend starting (well, it actually started last night).  I am enjoying the Summer days and the mornings on the patio and try not to think about the sun setting earlier each day and the cold weather to come before Spring comes again.  Such is life. 

Ate my first “substantial” meat since February 20.  My favorite, meatloaf prepared by Aliene.  I ate what is a small portion for me and will wait to see the reaction.  I felt slightly nauseated this morning etc., but don’t know if it is the meat or those two  Taco Bell bean burritos I had for lunch!  


That’s it for now, Saturday, July 7, 2018.

No comments: