Friday, July 20, 2018

2018 Summer July 20 Friday


88 degrees this morning (feels like 92), humidity 55%.  No walk this morning. 

The weather is actually relatively nice this morning, I guess a lower humidity and breeze make it a lot cooler, at least until the sun comes up.  

Called about the skunk, they inspected and  advised he doubted we would see it again, but could go out the garage door for several days (the noise would scare it off). He said the main problem was if they start nesting, which he apparently didn’t see any sign of.  

We will make it as unpleasant as possible for skunks to be there, with lights and whatever else my research indicates may work.  Some of the anti-skunk tactics are rather bizarre, but I don’t really blame anyone for trying anything to keep skunks away!

Today is “Moon Day”.  I didn’t realize until this week that a speech had been written for Nixon to give in the event the astronauts were stranded on the moon.  Fortunately it was never needed. 

Got to 108 degrees yesterday.  In spite of the actual temperature, it really wasn’t that bad.  I assume the humidity was low.  It was actually more uncomfortable when the temperature was in the 90’s with very high humidity.  

I was surprised that the media coverage over the Amazon “Prime Day”.  All kinds of articles about the “best buys on Prime Day” etc.  That is the way we get too much stuff!  (No we didn’t buy anything”.)

There  were all kinds of articles on it, almost like paid ads.  Must have been some slow news days.  

There was even an article about the stupidest and most useless things bought on Amazon Prime  Day when someone got excited about a “deal” that was “too good not to buy” and then they couldn’t figure out why they bought it. 

Not to say there weren’t some bargains, if you needed an item.

I find it is becoming easier and easier not to buy “stuff” when I think about where I am going to put it, what we will do with it when and if we move to a smaller house etc.  

I know I have seen houses where persons have “downsized” and the house is stuffed with items they couldn’t bring themselves to get rid of.

Not to say we wouldn’t have the same problem, I find it very hard to get rid of possessions I have had for a long time, even if they don’t really have any emotional attachment, must less the items that have some emotional attachment or that I associate with a place or a pleasant memory  

I have found the more I “weed” stuff out, the more easier it is as you realize the value of a Minimalist lifestyle!

I have decided that taking pictures of my t-shirts and hats is best if I “model” it on myself..  I keep delaying it until I lost weight, but….  

I have decided to go ahead and take pictures of my t-shirts and hats.  I still haven’t figured out how to take pictures of my Hot Wheels cars.  I give up on making them perfect, I just want to make them acceptable!   

Supposed to be another hot day today-I love it! 


That’s it for now, Friday, July 20, 2018.  

No comments: