Monday, April 02, 2018

2018 Spring April 2 Monday


32 degrees this morning (feels like 25 degrees) No Walk

No walk for obvious reasons this morning.  While I have to get used to walking in cold temperature in the Winter, this isn’t Winter anymore!

Actually, I decided with my current cough (although doing much betterI), I didn’t want to take the chance on walking one them and then have a reaction that prevents me from walking for a number of times.

My morning walk has become one of those rituals (or commitments or whatever) that I feel a little at a loss when I miss it, unless it is raining etc. or just impossible.  

Also, I have found that when I have a “field day” (especially when it is cold), I tend to skip the walk since I an exposed to cold weather all day and usually get a good share of walking during the day.  

Good Easter yesterday.  In spite of good intentions, I ended up eating more than I intended.  

The agony of “backup and restore” on my older iPhone may have resolved at least part of the problem of slow processing.  

I had downloaded the IOS with “battery analysis”   I was surprised to find my 2.5 year old battery had a reserve of 95%, while the reconditioned phone with a new battery had a reserve of 93%!  

One thing that always disturbs me (or disgusts me perhaps) was reading about the “class action” lawsuits concerning Apple “slowing down “ iPhones to make up for batteries that had lost a lot of their power (or whatever you call it). 

In a previous lawsuit, Apple owners got like $15, while the lawyers got millions!  I guess it is the result of attorneys being elected more often, or more likely, under our current system, payoffs to elected officials to pass laws that allow such ripoffs.  

I have seen similar instances with ATT etc, the consumer gets a coupon worth $10 and attorneys get 5 million.  

Just happened to think, today marks 3 years and 9 months since we moved here and 3 years and 7 months on my current job.  

Looking back, the past seems somewhat like a dream.  As I have noted before, it seems like both forever and a short time since we have been here.  

It was actually a good decision to move here, as it was to move in the first place, perhaps lending truth to the song “you don’t always get what you want, but you get what you need” or words to that effect.  

Actually out of curiosity I looked up the actual lyrics and it goes a little different:

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need

The actual title is “You can’t always get what you want”. 

Avoided meat yesterday, which can be a little difficult around Easter, but not really.  I am finding that being a vegetarian means eating a lot of carbs, which aren’t good for your weight.  I probably will have to become more of a “salad person”.  

Meanwhile, at least today, I will continue to not eat any meat.


That’s it for now, Monday, April 2, 2018.

No comments: