Sunday, April 15, 2018

2018 Spring April 15 Sunday


30 degrees this morning (feels like 19), no walk

Didn’t walk this morning due to wind and cold.  While I felt like walking, I decided it wasn’t worth it to take a chance on the cold (and more likely the wind) starting me coughing again.  

Probably wouldn’t be any ill effects, and during the winter I would probably walk anyway, but with the changing weather from 88 to 30, I decided it just wasn’t worth taking a chance, since it will be (according to forecasts) up in the 80’s again Monday.  

What is odd is that there is a period of time when I’m wide awake, whether I walk or not.  

I especially feel bad about missing my walk and weight exercises on a Saturday and Sunday.  We do belong to a gym that is 24 hours a day, but for some strange reason it is 24 hours a day 5 days a week (Monday through Friday) and then open from like 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  

About ready to finish the “Sopranos”, probably after watching it for at least a year or more.  I normally watch it on my “lunch” break when I am in the field, which is 3 times a week (on average I probably watch it 2 times per week) and then when Aliene and I have coffee at Starbucks, I watch it an hour or so.  

I also watch it while I am exercising on the stationary bicycle.  

It was a strange series to say the least.  There were a lot of things I liked about it, the casual violence I didn’t care for to say the least, but I read that they were trying to make a point about it.  

I watched the entire series of “Downton Abbey” the same way and it probably took me six months to watch the entire series.  

Not sure what I am going to watch next.  I tried watching regular movies after finishing “Downton Abbey”, but it wasn’t the same. There is something about the continuation of a story over a series of hours.  

I think Downton Abbey was about 60 hours and the Sopranos was probably about 90 hours total.  

I thought about landmark movies (ones I always planned on watching when I “get  a round tu it”.  However I probably will find another series and watch it, or possibly rewatch “Downton Abbey”, but I probably will try something new.  

Sunday morning already, somehow the weekend flies by.  Makes me wonder how it will be when I retire, will every day “fly by like a weekend”.  Probably. 

Of course, I plan on doing something after I retire, and will maintain some office hours.  I’m debating the alternatives.  Although it will hopefully be several years before I retire, I want to have something planned by then.  

Another day without meat.  In searching for alternatives, we bought an item we didn’t think had any meat in it, but it actually has some bits of bacon.  We discovered that when we read the ingredients 

I first thought “so what”, but then  I decided either I eat meat or i don’t, there isn’t any waffling.  At least for today.


That’s it for now, Sunday, April 15, 2018.  

No comments: