Wednesday, July 18, 2012

OMG, I'm 65!, part 1

Within three weeks, I will be 65 (August 6).  It is a shock to say the least, although I can't say I didn't know it was coming nor am I really upset about it.  It is what it is.  In a lot of ways, I feel lucky.  I am relatively healthy, I have a job I enjoy and thrive at, I enjoy my house and basally enjoy my life.  I was also very lucky to meet and marry Aliene over 15 years ago!

When I was a child, I remember how adults mentioned how the years sped by and I fully realize now what they meant!  I have to admit, I don't consider 65 "old" anymore and the age I consider "old" has gotten older each year!

Years ago I thought I would be retired either at or before 65.  Now, I can't imagine myself being retired and hope to work until at least 70, assuming I still enjoy my job and am relatively healthy.

Trying to decide about Medicare and all of the options.  Since I am covered by the City of Lakeland group health insurance, I don't need it but realize the possible danger in not getting it now.

The Countdown to Age 65 has started.  I'll see how I feel as the dreaded age approaches!

No comments: