Friday, July 20, 2012

Moon Day revisited


Friday, July 20, 2012:
Another Friday!  Sitting on the patio on a beautiful Friday morning. I love the patio in the early morning, the cool breeze and the noise of the forest behind the house.
On July 20, 1969, I was in San Antonio Texas (Lackland AFB) going through basic training in the Air Force.  I had started July 15, 1969, so it was still a very new experience!  We got "off" that day since it was "moon day", but it wasn't really like  day off! I didn't have any idea of the experiences yet to come (both good and bad).
Also, throughout my life "65" years has always been some kind of threshold, so the year 2012 always had a special fascination with me.  Now, I find out it is really just another year and (hopefully) "65 years old" will be just another age.  

No comments: