Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thoughts on Bull Frogs and aging

The bullfrogs are croaking on my morning walks/bike rides again, which to me indicates that Spring and Summer is coming!  I have heard the first croaking in the past week, and I know warm (and hot) weather is coming!

It also means it is the summer I will turn 65 years old.  I never really thought 65 years old would feel like this (although I won't really know until my birthday and I actually tell someone I am 65 years old-I still haven't gotten used to telling people I'm over 50 years old!

Not that I regret turning 65 years old, it is just a fact.  I just hope I can continue to enjoy life for as long as it is a quality life.

I am glad I have continued my exercise, reading and working.  I walk approximately 1/2 hour every morning, then ride my bike (most mornings) and then go one to the gym (which is 1/2 mile away) and read the morning paper while I ride the stationary bike at a slow speed.  I still enjoy reading a physical paper while I am at home, although I have gotten used to reading newspapers on the internet while I am traveling away from home.

Aliene and I started watching our "carbs" right after Christmas.  Since the day after Christmas I have lost over 30 libs, which make me feel good.   Also, I have "grown into" some clothes I had previously grown out of, which makes me feel good.  Aliene has lost about 16 lbs, which is even better than me considering the relative weights.

While I enjoy all of the technology and the "social media" etc., I have found I don't write in my blog near as often for obvious reasons and I miss it.

No comments: