Sunday, March 18, 2012

Wonderful Spring day today!  Actually wore scandals, shorts and t-shirt and enjoyed being outside!  Wonderful to feel the Spring come, although it certainly hasn't been a bad Winter.

What is especially good, as I lose weight, I come into a whole new wardrobe of clothes that I haven't been able to wear for years, but always kept because someday....  Maybe "someday" is finally here!  I lost weight by what I call a "modified" low carb diet.  I rarely eat potatoes or bread and avoid foods with high carbs, although I do continue to eat oatmeal and blueberries (my favorite breakfast), which is relatively high in carbs and I eat a lot of high carb fruit and vegetables.  Although I haven't bothered to look through all of the details, I understand that the carbs in bread, potatoes and sugary foods are worse than the carbs in vegetables and fruit since they are a lot faster hitting your bloodstream.

Anyway, I think it is a eating pattern I can continue without any real problem.

I noticed I haven't been "blogging" much lately.  I think it is partly because of the many other opportunities (that still take your time since as Facebook, Twitter etc. and partly because it has just really been busy.




No comments: