Thursday, May 24, 2012

The last suits?

One of the "good" "bad" results of losing weight is having to buy more clothes.  And more clothes!

I have had to buy 2 suits, new belts, shirts, slacks etc. to the tune of a substantial amount of money.  It is fun to find "new" "old" clothes that I saved for "when I lose weight" and it has actually happened, but I didn't save enough and I didn't realize how old they were.

The thought crossed my mind that this could be the last suit I will ever buy, considering my age.   Although I hope to keep working for at least 6 more years, (and living for many more than that)  I don't wear suits every day, so they could last for a considerable period of time.  The slacks, shirts etc. probably (or should I say hopefully!) will be replaced since they will wear out, although I still occasionally wear my 40 year old cowboy boots, and some 30 year old shirts and coats!

I did pick some sizes that will allow me to lost more weight (my goal is another 20 lbs) and hopefully not have to replace everything!

No comments: