Sunday, September 06, 2009

The End of Summer 2009

Labor Day officially marks the "end of summer". Fortunately, in Lakeland the summer lasts a bit more than some places!

I like Labor Day, except it means the winter must follow before summer arrives again! A year ago (or at least on Labor Day 2008) I fell on my bike, although not much was hurt except my pride and a few scrapes on my knees and arms.

I got a new bird feeder and am amazed that, for some reason, the yellow birds have now taken over they feeder. They eat an amazing amount of bird food. There are a few other birds, but the woodpecker, the squirrels and the doves no longer hand around the bird feeder. (I still bring it in at night so the possum or raccoon or whatever cannot get to it.)

Aliene is still hurting, it has been a long time since February 11 when this all started. She is more than ready for something to happen. She is taking another test this week (more extensive than an MRI) and I fully expect she will have to have another operation. However, if it will end the continual pain, she is more than ready for it. It really hurts to watch her in so much pain all the time.

I have had a "cold" for the past week, just bad enough that I can't walk or bike. It is improving and is almost gone today. I never realize how much I miss my walk and bike rides until I can't do them. They give me a chance to reflect and think.

I like 3-day weekends. I always plan to get so much done, and I normally (make that never) get everything completed I think I will get done, but at least I usually get something done!

No comments: